Favorite Movie Quotes

"Do or Do not. There is no try."
--Yoda (Star Wars)

“Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn”
--Clark Gable (Gone with the Wind)

“We all go a little mad sometimes”
--Norman Bates (Psycho)

“My mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you’re gonna get”
--Forrest Gump (Forest Gump)

“I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse”
--Michael Corleone (The Godfather)

“Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine”
--Rick Blaine (casablanca)

Monday, October 10, 2011

#68 Some Like It Hot

Cast
Marilyn Monroe
Tony Curtis
Jack Lemmon
George Raft
Joe. E Brown
This movie is one of my all time favorites and I was so excited that it made this list and I had an excuse to watch it again. The basic premise is that Joe and Jerry (Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon) are two strugling musicians who accidentally witness a mob crime. They decide to go into hiding posing as women in an all woman band and of course find themselves in a whole mess of hilarious situations. Including Joe, falling for his bandmate Sugar (Marilyn Monroe) and developing another alias in order to woo her! While Jerry finds himself in an accidental relationship with an old millionaire, Osgood Fielding III (Joe E. Brown)! This movie is just one funny situation after another and really reminds me of an old "I love Lucy" type comedy which is a perfect mesh of physical comedy and some witty dialogue. Jack Lemmon steals the show for me in this film, although Marilyn and Tony Curtis make a handsome couple, Jack's romance with Joe is hilarious! I literally laugh out loud when I see them on their date tango dancing together and Joe's final line of the film "Well, Nobody's perfect!" cracks me up. Its the perfect way to end one of the funniest romantic comedies I have ever seen.  This was the first film I EVER watched in black and white and I enjoyed it so much that it opened my eyes to a lot of older films that I have come to love. If you have not seen it yet I strongly suggest you do.




No comments:

Post a Comment